This is an onging list of all the linked references and resources from the blog - any video, book, article, or other piece of media that has been referred to in a post. All entrys within a category are listed in the order in which they appeared on the blog.
Click a category to expand and view each list.
- Rozin, P., & Royzman, E. B. (2001). Negativity bias, negativity dominance, and contagion. Personality and Social Psychology Review, 5, 296-320. doi:10.1207/S15327957PSPR05042
- Weisbaum, E. (2021). Applied Mindfulness for Physicians: a prospective qualitative study(Doctoral dissertation, University of Toronto (Canada)).
- Weisbaum, E. (2022). Operationalizing Mindfulness Across Education, Healthcare & the Workplace: Strategic Approaches for Developing Wellbeing Amidst the Challenges of Covid-19 and Beyond. Journal of Health Administration Education, 38(4), 975-1000.
- Weisbaum, E., & Chadi, N. (2022). Applied Mindfulness for Physician Wellbeing: A Prospective Qualitative Study Protocol. Frontiers in Public Health, 10. doi:10.3389/fpubh.2022.807792
- Harrington, A., & Dunne, J. D. (2015). When mindfulness is therapy: Ethical qualms, historical perspectives. Am Psychol, 70(7), 621-631. doi:10.1037/a0039460
- Maex, E. (2011). The Buddhist roots of mindfulness training: a practitioners view. Contemporary Buddhism, 12(1), 165-175. doi:10.1080/14639947.2011.564835
- Nhat Hanh, T. (June 21, 2009). 21-Day Retreat, Final Talk. Plum Village, Lower Hamlet: France.
- Nhat Hanh, T. (2008). Dharma Talk: History of Engaged Buddhism. The Mindfulness Bell. Retrieved from https://www.mindfulnessbell.org/archive/2015/02/dharma-talk-history-of-engaged-buddhism-2
- Nhat Hanh, T. (1999). Fragrant palm leaves: Journals, 1962-1966: Penguin.
- Queen, C. S., & King, S. B. (1996). Engaged Buddhism: Buddhist Liberation Movements in Asia. Albany NY: State University of New York Press.
- Weisbaum, E. (2018). Thich Nhat Hanh. In J. A. Palmer & D. E. Cooper (Eds.), Key Thinkers on the Environment. New York, NY: Routeledge.
- Nhất Hạnh, Thích (2011). Making Space: Creating a Home Meditation Practice: Parallax Press.
- Nhất Hạnh, Thích (2022). The Blooming of a Lotus (Revised & Expanded): The Essential Guided Meditations for Mindfulness, Healing, and Transformation: Beacon Press.
- Nhất Hạnh, Thích (2022). Zen and the Art of Saving the Planet: Harper One.
- Kaira Jewel Lingo (2021). We Were Made for These Times: Parallax Press.
- Nhất Hạnh, Thích (1982). The Sun My Heart: Parallax Press.
- Jon Kabat-Zinn (1990). Full Catastrophe Living: Penguin Random House.
- Larry Yang (2017). Awakening Together: The Spiritual Practice of Inclusivity and Community: Wisdom Publications.
- Thich Nhat Hanh (2015). Silence: The power of quiet in a world full of noise: Parallax Press.
- Thich Nhat Hanh (1992). Peace is Every Step: Random House Publishing Group.
Deep Relaxation & Body Scan Recordings
- 5 minutes Total Relaxation for Healthcare Workers | Sr. Chanh Nghiệm (7min)
- Trauma-Sensitive Relaxation | Sr. Chanh Nghiệm (44 min)
- 15 Minutes Body Scan | Sr. true Dedication (15 min)
- Mother Earth Guided Relaxation | Joe Reilly (28 min)
- Guided Relaxation Practice | Kaira Jewel Lingo (28 min)
- Deep Relaxation | Meena Srinivasan (15 min)
- 37 minutes Deep Relaxation, Touching Inner Safety with songs and chanting | Br. Bao Tang and Br. Dinh Thuong (37 min)
- 50 Minutes Deep Relaxation | Br. Phap Dung (51 min)
- Compassionate Body Scan | Kristin Neff (24 min)
- Thich Nhat Hanh, Brother Phap Dung, Sister Dang Nghiem (2013.10.11). Finding Our True Home | Orientation: Finding Our True Home retreat #1.
- Brother Phap Linh (2022.06.12). Trauma Sensitive Mindfulness & Plum Village practice: 40 Years of Plum Village retreat #4.
- Sister Chân Đức (2022.12.25). Christmas Eve Dharma Talk by Sr. Chan Duc| 2022 12 25| Lower Hamlet.
- Brother Pháp Hữu (2022.12.31). New Year Eve Dharma Talk by Br. Phap Huu | 2022 12 31| Upper Hamlet.
- Br. Phap Huu, Br. Phap Linh, Sr. True Dedication (2022.10.02). Active Response to Suffering | Brs. Phap Huu, Phap Linh, Sr. Dedication | 2022 10 02 Rains Retreat.
Guided Meditation Recordings
- Calm - Ease | Guided Meditation | Thích Nhất Hạnh (20 min)
- Short Breath Awareness Meditation | Robert Walsh (3.5 min)
- Calm - Ease | Thích Nhất Hạnh (15 min)
- Guided Meditation on Touching Freedom | Br. Bao Tich (7 min)
- Mindfulness of Feelings | Br. Phap Linh (11 min)
- Mindfulness of the Body | Br. Phap Dung (5 min)
- Mindfulness of Breathing | Br. Phap Dung (11 min)
- 20 Minute Silent Meditation with Morning Chant | Sr. The Nghiem (20 min)
- 20 Minute Silent Meditation with Evening Chant | Michael Ciborski (20 min)
- Thích Nhất Hạnh | One Action
- Brother Chân Pháp Dung | Dharma Embrace*
- Sister Dang Nghiem (Sister D) | Adornment with Nondiscrimination
- Brother Chân Pháp Hữu | Dharma Friend*
- Brother Chân Pháp Lưu | Dharma Stream*
- Shauna Shapiro, PhD
- Brother Phap Linh | Dharma Spirit*
- Sister Chân Thệ Nghiêm | True Vow*
- Sister Chân Hiến Nghiêm | True Dedication*
- Michael Ciborski
- Elli Weisbaum, PhD | True Blue Stream**
- Joe Holtaway
- Joe Reilly
- Kaira Jewel Lingo
- Meena Srinivasan
- Brother Troi Bao Tang | Brother Treasure*
- Kristin Neff
- Sister Chân Đức | True Virtue*
- Jon Kabat-Zinn
- Larry Yang
* Approximate translation of monastic ordination name given by Thich Nhat Hanh
** Name given upon joining the Order of Interbeing (core community of Plum Village)
Other Links and Websites
- The Way Out Is In Podcast
- The Way Out Is In (Episode 34): Pathways Through Busyness, Overwhelm and Burnout.
- The Way Out Is In (Episode 18): The Three Doors of Liberation.
- The Way Out Is In (Episode 9): Engaged Buddhism: Applying the Teachings in Our Present Moment.
- The Way Out Is In (Episode 23): Deep Reflection: The Calligraphy of Zen Master Thich Nhat Hanh.
- The Way Out Is In (Episode 46): Healthy Boundaries.
- The Way Out Is In (Episode 35): No Way to Happiness; Happiness Is the Way
- The Way Out Is In (May 23, 2022: Guest Episode: ‘Reconnecting with Gaia: A Deep Time Walk’
Popular Media Articles
- How to Practice Deep Relaxation | Sister Chan Khong (2022)
- Dharma Talk: True Presence By Thich Nhat Hanh in December 1995 | The Mindfulness Bell, Issue #15: Communication and Love (1995)
- Plum Village Records
- Nhất Hạnh, Thích (2017). In Out Deep Slow [Performed by Joe Holtaway]. Wake Up Schools.
- Plum Village App (unknown year). In Out Deep Slow [Performer unknown - sangha version]. Plum Village App.
- Blue Cliff Ensemble, Sister The Nghiem (2017). Remembrance. Wide Open. Apple Music, Spotify, Youtube
Thich Nhat Hanh & Plum Village Links
- Plum Village
- Thich Nhat Hanh
- The Four Dharma Seals of Plum Village
- Deer Park Monastery
- Plum Village Retreats
- Wake Up International
- Wake Up Toronto
- Plum Village YouTube channel
- Plum Village Upcoming Live-Streams
- Plum Village France Instagram
- School of Youth for Social Service brochure
- Letter from Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. nominating Thich Nhat Hanh for the Nobel Peace Prize in 1967
- Thich Nhat Hanh's Calligraphy
- The Raft bi-weekly e-newsletter
- 2023 Parallel Verses for the Lunar New Year
- The Four Dharma Seals of Plum Village
- Photos on the Thich Nhat Hanh Foundation website
- How to Practice Sitting Meditation | Brother Phap Luu
- Walking Meditation: An Introduction | Brother Phap Luu
- Wake Up Schools in India - short documentary | Elli Weisbaum and Robert Walsh (2012)
- "A Cloud Never Dies" biographical documentary of Zen Master Thich Nhat Hanh narrated by Peter Coyote (2022)
- What is sitting meditation for? | Thich Nhat Hanh (Vietnamese with English subtitles)
- Ted Talk: 3 questions to build resilience -- and change the world | Sister True Dedication (2021)
- Talking about Mindfulness and Education - short documentary | Elli Weisbaum and Robert Walsh (2012)
- What Is Applied Buddhism | by Thich Nhat Hanh, 2014 06 03 (Plum Village, France)
- U of T's Buddhism, Psychology, and Mental Health program's YouTube Channel
- Calligraphy Exhibition Thich Nhat Hanh | Plum Village
- TEDxAdelaide - Lorimer Moseley - Why Things Hurt